Storing Foie Gras
Storing and Handling Foie Gras
- Temperature control is essential with whole lobes, as the flavor and texture of foie gras is extremely sensitive to temperature changes.
- Always keep in original vacuum-sealed containers and plastic wrapping until use.
- Try to use within a week of receiving your product for best taste.
- Fresh foie gras has a refrigerator life of 3 weeks, unopened (two days after opening).
- Frozen Foie Gras can keep for up to one year, but the flavor will not be as good when thawed.
- Fully cooked prepared products like mousses, blocs, and pates can last in the shelf for a few years (check labels).
- Micuit, or partially cooked foie gras products should be refrigerated.
- Refrigerate all foie gras products after opening.