Caviar is highly perishable and delicate, not to mention pricey, so this delicacy should be handled with the utmost care and respect. Read all labels carefully once you get your product.
- Keep refrigerated at about 26 to 39 degrees Fahrenheit (-1°C -+4°C).
- If you’re keeping it out to serve, and it’s not going to be consumed immediately (i.e. it’s going to be sitting out on a buffet), keep it in the original jar or tin, over a bowl full of crushed ice.
- Take caviar out of the refrigerator 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Fresh caviar (not pasteurized) can be kept unopened in the refrigerator for four weeks.
- Once opened, eat caviar within 2-3 days.