Dark Chocolate and Nutella Gelato Recipe Instructions
Ingredients for gelato
Ingredients for chocolate sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 7 tbsp. sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 7 oz. bittersweet baking chocolate callets (70% cacao)
- 1 cup Nutella
- 4 oz. bittersweet baking chocolate callets (70% cacao)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Boil the water and sugar on medium-high, without stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes, to make the syrup. When the syrup tuns golden light at the edges, it’s done.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a metal bowl until they are thick and pale yellow and creamy. Start pouring the syrup into the egg yolks slowly and continue whisking; it will increase in volume and becomes even creamier. Continue whisking until it cools down. Then reserve.
- Put the cream in a saucepan and slowly bring to boil.
- Break the chocolate in small pieces and put in a metal bowl.
- Slowly pour the hot milk and cream into the chocolate and let stand 3 minutes, then stir until it melts and let cool.
- Mix the Nutella to the egg yolk preparation and add to the cooled chocolate.
- Put it in the ice cream maker and follow the appliance instructions.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the chocolate chips and whipping cream, stirring constantly until the sauce is smooth. Pour over the ice cream and serve.
Recipe Questions And Answers