Cheese and Foie Gras Mini Tart Recipe Instructions
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 6 oz micuit foie gras
- 30 mini sweet round tart shells
- 30 Fig spread with balsamic and port wine
- Pastry bag and open star decorating tip
- Using a hand mixer, whip the mascarpone in a large bowl until light and fluffy (this will take approx. 2 minutes).
- Slice the micuit foie gras, add it to the mascarpone and continue whipping until the foie gras is fully incorporated into the mascarpone and the mixture is entirely light and fluffy (another 2-3 minutes, approx.).
- Take the tart shells and spoon a small amount of the fig spread with balsamic and port wine into the bottom of each, taking up about ¼ of the height of the shell.
- Invert your pastry bag and fill it with the mascarpone-foie-gras mixture.
- Pipe that mixture onto each shell starting from the edge, spiraling around and inward to the center, before pulling up to finish.
- Dab a small drop of the fig spread onto the top of each mini-tart.
Recipe Questions And Answers