Stuffing Recipe Instructions
- 4 cups vegetable or meat broth
- 2 ½ cups white bread, cubed
- 3.5 oz. smoked bacon or pancetta
- 10.5 oz. sausage, Italian style
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- In a baking sheet, toast the bread cubes in the oven until lightly golden. Remove and reserve.
- In a large pan on low heat, sauté the bacon until just golden. Drain over paper towels, chop coarsely and reserve.
- Cook the sausage in the same pan, making sure it gets golden on all sides, and pinch it with a fork so it releases fat.
- Once browned, remove and cut into ½ inch slices and reserve. Discard the fat from the pan.
- Add the olive oil to the same pan and toss in the onions, celery, garlic, and pepper, cooking on low heat stirring occasionally until the onion is transparent, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, and continue cooking about 3 to 4 minutes until golden. Add the bacon, sausage, and broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3 minutes and turn off the heat. Incorporate the toasted bread cubes, mixing carefully, and transfer to a deep oven pan.
- Bake at 375 until golden, about 30 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Recipe Questions And Answers