Mimolette CheeseMimolette cheese – is a distinctive French cheese known for its bright orange color and firm texture. Made from cow's milk, it is aged for various periods, developing nutty flavors in young cheese, and becoming sharper with age. Mimolette is enjoyed as a table cheese and adds a flavorful touch to salads and dishes.
With its recognizable sweet taste, characterized by caramelized notes of flavor and a fudgy finish, everyone loves the delightful look and taste of this exceptional French cheese! Browse our selection of options ranging from mild young three-month Mimolette to eighteen-month selections.
1 - 6 of 6 products
Mimolette - Aged 6 Months
Similar to Edam, Mimolette or Boule de Lille has a dark orange rind and is perfect with beer.
About Our Mimolette Cheese
French Mimolette cheese was first created as the French answer to the popular Dutch Gouda.
Once described by Anthony Bourdain as a “cheese with attitude”, Mimolette cheese is coveted for its vibrant orange color, firm texture and a flavor that described as nutty, rich, and complex, with a delightful combination of sweetness and tanginess. It’s also celebrated for its versatility, as it can be enjoyed on its own, grated over dishes, or paired with various accompaniments.
A Mimolette cheese description wouldn’t be complete without highlighting its bright orange color! Why is Mimolette cheese so orange? Mimolette cheese gets its unique color from the addition of a natural colorant called annatto, derived from the seeds of the achiote tree. During the cheese-making process, the cheesemaker adds annatto to the milk before coagulation, giving Mimolette its distinctive bright orange hue.
How To Serve Mimolette
There is no shortage of Mimolette recipes we love! With its versatile flavor and texture, Mimolette cheese can enhance a wide range of recipes, making it a delightful addition to any meal or entertaining occasion.
- Cheese Platter: Arrange slices or wedges of Mimolette on a cheese platter alongside other complementary cheeses, such as Brie, Gouda, and Camembert. Pair it with dried fruits, grapes, and artisan crackers for a beautiful and delicious appetizer spread.
- Grated Over Dishes: Use it as a finishing touch on various dishes, such as pasta, risotto, or soups. Its nutty and tangy flavor will elevate the dish, adding depth and complexity.
- Salad Topping: Crumble over fresh salads, particularly those with mixed greens, arugula, or spinach. The cheese's bright orange color and distinct taste will add visual appeal and a delightful flavor contrast to the greens.
- Charcuterie Board: Incorporate into a charcuterie board featuring cured meats, such as prosciutto, salami, and chorizo. The cheese's robust flavor pairs well with the salty and savory notes of the meats.
- Savory Tarts or Quiches: Add to savory tarts, quiches, or frittatas before baking. Its unique taste will infuse the dish with a rich and flavorful cheese component.
Ordering Mimolette Cheese Online
At Gourmet Food Store, we take immense pride in our wide selection of Mimolette options, from different aging periods to various brands, catering to your unique taste preferences. We source the best Mimolette cheese, full of the signature nutty and robust flavors you love.
Convenience is at the forefront of our service, allowing you to shop from the comfort of your home and benefit from our efficient home delivery service. We carefully curate our cheese selection, ensuring a premium experience with every bite.
Detailed product information, customer reviews, and lots of resources empower you to make informed decisions, enhancing your cheese journey with us. With secure packaging and overnight shipping options, you buy Mimolette cheese no matter where you are in the USA.
Mimolette Cheese Questions And Answers
Q:How Much Does Mimolette Cost?
A:The cost of Mimolette cheese can vary depending on several factors, including the aging period, brand, and prices may fluctuate based on availability and market demand. For the most accurate pricing information check each product page.
Q:What are some Mimolette cheese wine pairings?
A:Mimolette cheese pairs wonderfully with a variety of wines, especially a well-aged Bordeaux, a bold and peppery Syrah/Shiraz, a buttery and oaked Chardonnay, or a sweet and fortified Port wine.
Q:How long does Mimolette cheese last?
A:It depends on how it’s stored. Generally, young Mimolette cheese (aged for a few months) can last around 3-4 weeks when stored properly in the refrigerator. However, aged Mimolette cheese (aged for several months or more) can have a longer shelf life and may last up to 6 months or more if stored correctly.