Whipped Lardo Recipe Instructions
- 1/3 lb. Iberico pork back fat (5.3 ounces)
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, minced
- Kosher salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Portion your Iberico fatback and send it through a meat grinder on the smallest setting. If you don’t have a meat grinder: a food processor works well as an alternative.
- Add in the garlic and vinegar, and blitz again briefly.
- Transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl and begin stirring in the rosemary, salt, and pepper. Use a large spatula to help incorporate as much air as possible during this process.
- Taste often as you’re mixing; this will take plenty of salt to realize the full flavors of the pork, so be generous.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with a crack of pepper and a sprig of rosemary.
- Serve alongside a fresh crusty boule or baguette, or incorporate onto your next charcuterie board or cheese tray.
Recipe Questions And Answers